Ertalyte® TX (Polyester-semi-crystalline thermoplastic with lubricant, extruded)-manufactured by Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products from proprietary resin grades, is an internally lubricated thermoplastic polyester providing enhanced wear and inertness over general purpose nylon (PA) and acetal (POM) products. Containing uniformly dispersed solid lubricant, Ertalyte® TX provides a lower wear rate and coefficient of friction than unmodified polyesters like PET or PBT, and even internally lubricated materials like Delrin® AF Blend.
Ertalyte® TX excels under both high pressure and velocity conditions. It is also ideally suited for applications involving soft metal and plastic mating surfaces and is FDA compliant.
Only Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products offers brand-name Ertalyte® TX stock shapes.
Other attributes of Ertalyte® TX products include:
- Outstanding wear resistance
- High LPV
- Low and constant coefficient of friction (low slip stick)
- Low moisture absorption -good for both wet and dry environments
- High strength, stiffness, rigidity
- Excellent resistance to stains
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Better resistance to acids than nylon or acetal
- Closer tolerances and maximum straightness
Engineering specifications for Ertalyte® TX Sheet are:
- Tensile Strength: 11,000 psi
- Compressive Strength: 15,250 psi
- Water Absorption (saturation): 0.06%
- Continuous Service Temperature: 210°F degrees (without load)
- Resistant to weak Acids, weak Alkalies, Ketones, Esters, Hydrocarbons, Alcohols, inorganic salt solutions
- Flammability rating: UL94:HB
- Compliance: FDA, USDA, 3A-Dairy
Ertalyte® TX is one of Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products "EXtreme Materials" products. This material is ideal for linear bearings, wear and slip pads, dynamic seals, scraper blades, thrust washers, valve seats, rollers & wheels without bearings, and journal bearings. For more details and information, please contact David A. Altieri at Modern Plastics.