Tecanat®, Polycarbonate Black Rod Machine Grade -manufactured by Ensinger, quality brand-name machine grade polycarbonate product offered to you by Modern Plastics. Tecanat®, polycarbonate black rod has key properties such as excellent impact resistance and tensile properties.
Tecanat®, unfilled polycarbonate rod is the machine grade of polycarbonate rod with good machineability, good electrical properties, superior impact strenghty, and excellent dimensional stability. Typical applications include business equipment where gears, rollers, internal mechanical parts, connectors and relays are required. The automobile industry uses polycarbonate for pumps, valves, light bezels and instrument panels. It is also applicable to many other industries.
Other attributes of Tecanat®, Polycarbonate Black Rod Machine grade products include:
- Superior impact strength
- Outstanding mechanical strength and stiffness
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Good electrical properties
- Good machineability
Engineering specifications for Tecanat® Machine Grade Polycarbonate Black Rod Products:
- Tensile Strength – 8000 psi
- Water Absorption (24 hours) – 0.15%
- Heat Deflection Temperature @66 psi - 280°F
- Dielectric strength - V/mil 380