Lucite® Aviation grade offers superior optical quality and thickness tolerances for nonmilitary aircraft applications. Credited to meet or exceed the current version of LP-391 and ASTM-D-4802.
Lucite® is half the weight of glass with double the impact resistance, Aviation grade sheet offers excellent optical characteristics, thickness tolerances, light stability, and low internal stress levels for consistent performance.
Aviation grade sheet is weatherable and can be easily cut, sawed, machined, thermoformed and cemented.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Outstanding optical properties
- More impact resistant than glass
- Allows for easy fabrication and fitting
- Broad scope for thermoforming into complex curve shapes
- Smooth, glossy surface that is comfortable and warm to the touch
- Easy to clean
- Excellent weather resistance
- Uniform caliper control
- Aviation applications for non-military such as general aviation windshields
- Helicopter window applications
- Optical Grade Clear
- Solar tints
- .118, .177 and .236
- TufGuard® masking