Modern Plastics also carries Tecasint™ V polyimide stock shapes provide a superior combination of high temperature and bearing and wear, properties that make it an ideal choice for the most demanding applications.
This material is characterized by the long-term thermal stability, outstanding wear resistance, high creep resistance, and strength up to its continuous use temperature of 572° F. Specialty grades containing internal lubricants such as PTFE and graphite are available for applications requiring improved wear resistance and lower coefficients of friction.
Tecasint™ V has the following properties:
- Superior high-temperature characteristics
- Excellent long-term thermal stability
- Outstanding bearing and wear properties
- Excellent creep resistance
- High strength and stiffness properties
- Good wear and abrasion properties
- High purity characteristics – Only extremely low levels of extractable and ionic impurities are apparent in Tecasint™ V.
- Good chemical resistance – Tecasint™ V is not attacked by common solvents or fuels and is acceptable for use in contact with many acids.