Tecapei (Ultem®) is an amorphous, translucent engineering thermoplastic with good rigidity and thermal mechanical strength for demanding applications. This material exhibits high tensile strength at room temperature and retains a significant portion of this strength at elevated temperatures. The retention of its physical properties at elevated temperatures are due to it containing glass fibers. The high dielectric strength and constant values of Tecapei make it an excellent electrical insulator. Tecapei can also be easily machined with conventional metalworking tools, painted, hot stamped, printed, or metallized.
Download the Tecapei(Ultem®) fact sheet.
Tecapei(Ultem®) has the following properties:
- Excellent mechanical strength
- Outstanding heat resistance
- Exceptional resistance to environmental forces
- Inherent flame resistance with low smoke evolution
- High dielectric strength and stability
- Low dissipation factor over a wide range of frequencies
- Excellent machinability and finishing characteristics
- Natural Grade is FDS, NSF, and USP Class VI compliant