Macrolux® Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheet from Modern Plastics is a co-extruded thermoglazing available in Twin, Triple, Four, Five and M-wall configurations.
Macrolux® is the perfect material for applications requiring high light transmission, thermal insulation, light in weight yet strong, high shock resistance, flame retardant, great economy, vandal and wind resistant, and design/flexibility.
Modern Plastics offers Macrolux® Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheet in three colors; Opal (translucent white), bronze tinted and clear. This product is one of our most popular plastic materials and we are fully confident you will enjoy the quality of Macrolux® Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheet products.
Applications for Macrolux® Sheet include:
- Horticultural; for greenhouse coverings and cold frames where good thermal insulation is necessary together with high light transmission
- Architectural Glazing; with the ability to cold-form into arches, Macrolux® offers architects design freedom that is not possible with any other glazing. Consider the possibility of using Macrolux® for walkways, indoor shopping centers, swimming pool coverings, skylights and other space enclosures.
- Home Improvement; for easy do-it-yourself projects like window replacements, shower enclosures, hobby greenhouses, partitions, light covers, patio covers, yard partitions and privacy screens, carports and more.
Other attributes of Macrolux® Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheet:
- Virtually Unbreakable
- Condensation Control through a factory applied coating available
- Easy to install
- Extra wide panels available and custom sizes (inquire)
- U.V. Resistant material to harmful sunlight -won’t fade or discolor
- Economical glazing product
- Saves energy, great insulator!
- Highly Flexible, easily cut and fabricated
- *Covered by a 10-year warranty on light transmission and breakage caused by hail!
(* Obtain an on-line copy of warranty)
Practical Advice on Purchasing and Using Macrolux® Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheet:
- Macrolux® is supplied with a protective PE film on both sides which should be kept on until work is completed.The U.V. protected side is to be faced TOWARDS THE SUN and is MARKED WITH A WHITE PRINTED FILM OR LIGHT BLUE FILM or a sticker saying Macrolux® Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheet.
- Macrolux® crates or sheets should be stocked in an area not exposed to the sun or direct heat from the sun, which could make the removal of the protective plastic film difficult.
- Thicknesses stocked are 6mm (1/4″ nominal), 8mm (5/16″ nominal), 10mm (.375″ nominal), 16mm (.625″ nominal). Also available 4mm, 4.5mm, 20mm, 25mm, 32mm with a very short lead time. Our biggest sellers are the 6mm and 10mm thickness.
- Be sure to also order Macrolux® Polycarbonate Profiles such as End caps (seal off ends of the sheet), H-channel (to join sheets together), Right angle channel (join sheets at a 90 angle), and Snap-H profile (join sheets together)
Please note: Macrolux® panels can be ordered up to 39′ feet long if desired and any length in between. Widths available are either 4′ foot or 6′ foot. Modern Plastics can also supply you with “custom” panels sizes cut to order upon request.
Keep in mind that Macrolux® products are unable to ship via UPS and must ship by a conventional common carrier. Modern Plastics can arrange safe and least costly delivery for you. Sizes shown are the stock panels sizes we carry ready for fast shipping to you.