PC-300™ Polycarbonate is a plastic sheet product that controls static electricity for many applications, including windows, doors, mini-environment glazing panels, and machine guards, covers and enclosures.
It is a premium quality polycarbonate sheet coated with SciCron Technologies proprietary, clear, C-300™ static dissipative coating which prevents charge generation on the sheet surfaces. This controls particulate attraction and prevents electrostatic discharge (ESD) events completely independent of humidity.
PC-300 Polycarbonate fabricates simply, is light in weight and is available in large sheet sizes. It has superior impact resistance and flame spread properties, plus excellent clarity, chemical resistance, and mar resistance.
PC-300™ Polycarbonate is available in clear and transparent gray and bronze tints. Other colors are available by special order.
- Cannot be tribocharged when properly grounded, prevents build-up of static charge and accumulation of harmful contamination.
- Electrostatic decay in less than 0.05 second per Federal Test Standard 101C, Method 4046.1 Results in rapid static dissipation without arcing.
- Surface resistivity of 106 – 108 ohms per square provides for ESD control without the need for ionization.
- Permanence in static dissipation performance avoids cost of application of temporary topical anti-stats.
- Humidity independent static charge control avoids inconvenience of maintaining high levels of humidity and damage caused by such humidity.
- Advanced technology, uniform surface treatment Avoids conductive discontinuities (charged “hot spots”) often found with non-uniform temporary topical anti-stats.
- Superior impact resistance provides exceptional shatter resistance for safety.
- Superior flame spread properties provides additional protection for equipment in a fire.
- Hard, mar resistant, durable surface C-300 surface, harder than the base plastic, reduces risk of damage to the sheet surfaces.
- Superior chemical resistance reduces risk of solvent or chemical surface damage.
- Excellent clarity premium optical quality polycarbonate with clear C-300 surface minimizes visible distortion.