ECAFORM™ acetal is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic offering high strength, stiffness and toughness. TECAFORM™ acetal copolymer is resistant to hot water, hydrocarbons and solvents, and it possesses good bearing and wear properties. It is available in natural and black grades. TECAFORM™ acetal copolymer is commonly used as bushings, rollers, wear strips and other applications requiring a combination of strength, low moisture absorption, chemical resistance and dimensional stability.
Download the TECAFORM™ acetal copolymer fact sheet.
TECAFORM™ acetal copolymer has the following properties:
- No centerline porosity
- Low moisture absorption
- Excellent machinability
- Good combination of mechanical properties
- Chemical resistance to fuels and solvents; TECAFORM™ acetal copolymer is resistant to aqueous solutions with pH values ranging from 4 to 14
- Good wear and abrasion properties
- Natural grade is FDA, USDA, NSF and 3A Sanitary compliant
- Good dimensional stability
- Good property retention at elevated temperatures
- Black grade is FDA compliant
TECAFORM™ acetal copolymer is used in a wide variety of industrial applications requiring good strength and toughness, dimensional stability, wear resistance and the ability to operate in a wet environment with little absorption. Material handling, machinery and fluid handling are some of the common industries utilizing TECAFORM™ acetal copolymer’s combination of properties. Typical applications are gears, wear strips, bushings, pump parts, fittings and rollers.