Tecaform™ AH ID
Until now, when a food processor or other manufacturer needed a means of detecting the presence of foreign substances in the product, they had no choice but to use highly visible colored materials for their plastic parts. Modern Plastics offers Tecaform™ AH ID, the first commercially available thermoplastic that can be detected by the standard metal detection equipment that is typically used in quality inspection. This advancement in technology will reduce the risk of product contamination, and help minimize the possibility of significant financial loss.
Tecaform™ AH ID can be used in a variety of food industry applications requiring good strength and toughness, dimensional stability, wear resistance and the ability to operate in a wet environment with little moisture absorption. Fillers, conveyors and forming equipment are among the pieces of food machinery that utilize Tecaform™’s combination of properties. Typical applications are gears, wear strips, bushings, pump parts, form dies and rollers.
Properties of Tecaform™ AH ID
- Detectable by standard metal detection equipment
- Excellent machinability
- Manufactured from resin that is FDA compliant
- Good combination of mechanical properties
- Resistance to washdown chemicals (Tecaform ™is resistant to aqueous solutions with pH values ranging from 4 to 14.)
- Good wear and abrasion properties
- Low moisture absorption
- Good dimensional stability
- Good property retention at elevated temperatures
- Grey in color