VALOX® (Polybutylene Terephthalate) Sheets, Rods and Plates
Modern Plastics offers VALOX® PBT, 30% Glass Reinforced, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Natural Color compression molded sheets, rods, and plates manufactured by Sabic Innovative Plastics. Modern Plastics’ Valox ® polybutylene terephthalate PBT compression molded sheets, rods, plates, and tubes are available in unreinforced, glass reinforced and Self-extinguishing grades 307, 310 SEO, 420 SEO, 457 and 752.
Valox® thermoplastic polyester resins are semi-crystalline materials based on polybutylene terephthalate PBT. Valox® combines high mechanical, thermal and electrical properties with very good chemical resistance to a variety of chemicals including aliphatic hydrocarbons, petrol, oils and greases, dilute acids and bases, detergents and most aqueous salt solutions at ambient temperatures. This high performance plastic is offered to you in a compression molded stock shape.
Product grades range from 100% unmodified PBT resins to combinations of glass-fiber reinforced, mineral filled, mineral/glass reinforced and flame retardant grades.
Valox® resins offer:
- Chemical resistance
- Outstanding dielectric strength
- Outstanding electrical properties
- High RTI up to 284° F (140 C)
- Low temperature performance down to -40° F
- Flame resistance
Typical applications for Valox® resins include:
- Electrical/electric connectors
- Smart network interface devices (SNID’s)
- Power plugs and electrical components
- Switches and controls
- Circuit breaker enclosures
- Outdoor telecommunications enclosures
- Automotive under-hood components
- Electrical appliance components
- Fiber optic tubes
- Medical applications such as clamps, pump parts, plugs
Have a salesperson contact me immediately.