TECATOR™ is a high-performance melt processable polyamideimide that maintains its excellent mechanical and wear properties in temperature environments exceeding 500°F.
Stock shapes from Modern Plastics are available in three grades:
- TECATOR™ TI5013 High strength structural grade featuring good electrical properties and strength, making it ideal for demanding applications at a broad range of temperatures.
- TECATOR™ TI5031 offers high PV capabilities in bearing applications, primarily at high loads and low speeds.
- TECATOR™ GF30 (XP142T) is a 30% glass-filled grade, compression molded with superior stiffness and dimensional stability. It is available in a wide variety of custom tube, ring, rod and plate sizes.
- Excellent weather and gamma radiation resistance
- Outstanding bearing and wear properties – At elevated temperatures, TECATOR™ TI5031 offers superior wear rates.
- High strength and stiffness
- Excellent electrical values – TECATOR™ TI5013 has a dielectric strength of 600 V/mil.
- Good chemical resistance – TECATOR™ is not attacked by common solvents or fuels and is acceptable for use in contact with many acids.
- Maintains a high proportion of mechanical properties over a broad temperature spectrum – cryogenic to 500°F.
- TECATOR™ TI5013 and TI5031 are available in a wide variety of metric sizes in rod and plate
TECATOR™ (PAI) typical applications:
- Pump parts
- valve seats
- piston rings
- seal rings
- engine transmission parts
- bearing cages
For the semiconductor industry, it is used for “burn in” test sockets, nests, chassis and other applications such as welding nozzle tips.