Plexiglas® Poly(Methyl Methacrylate) Sheets, tubes, rods and plates by Arkema
Plexiglas® P-95 Clear Acrylic Extruded Sheet -Poly(Methyl Methacrylate), manufactured by Arkema (Atoglas) ● ATOFINA Chemicals, Inc., is the authentic, world renowned, quality brand-name general purpose acrylic product offered to you by Modern Plastics. P-95 is a form of plexiglas® MC sheet with a matte finish on one side and is used for many purposes including covering pictures. Its added texture pattern on one side provides decorative effects and diffuses annoying suface reflections. Lightweight material having outstanding weatherability, high impact resistance, good chemical resistance, excellent thermoforming and good machinability.
Plexiglas® MC grade acrylic sheet is made by a proprietary continuous process known as melt-calendaring. It offers many of the same high-quality features as Plexiglas® G grade sheet, and also has exceptional thickness tolerance and can be thermoformed to greater detail.
Plexiglas® is available in a wide range of colors, patterns, thickness, sheet size and grades. Please visit our website for additional information.
Other attributes of Plexiglas® P-95 Acrylic Sheet product include:
- Easy to machine
- Matte finish on one side
- Excellent sound abatement properties
- Can be cold and hot formed
- Superior insulating properties
- Less than 50% as heavy as glass
- Absorbs more ultraviolet (UV) energy than ordinary glass
Engineering specifications for Plexiglas® MC Acrylic Sheet Products:
- Tensile Strength – 10,200 psi
- Compressive Strength – 16,000 psi
- Water Absorption (saturation) – 0.1%
- Continuous Service Temperature – .170°F-190°F in (.236″ gauge data)
- Read datasheet for chemical resistance information
- Flammability rating UL94:HB (.236″ gauge data)
Install Plexiglas® sheet away from sources of intense heat or flame. Observe building code stipulations and restrictions. In order to maintain the brilliant luster of Plexiglas® sheet and to avoid scratching, proper cleaning techniques are required. Use only approved (Modern Magic® MicroFiber) cleaning cloths and our line of (Novus®) acrylic polishes and scratch removers for usage on all acrylic sheet products (See related products).
Important: Plexiglas® acrylic sheet products are sold with either a paper-masking (PM) or a green film-masking (FM). These peel off coverings protect both sides of the material from scratching during handling. Paper-masking costs a bit more then film-masking, but you are assured of the best protection of the acrylic sheet. Paper-masking however, does take a bit more labor to peel off then the film-masking. Please note that Plexiglas® is listed in metric sizes which converts into “nominal thicknesses” in inches; for example:
Millimeters ● Decimal/Fractional ● Actual Decimal Thickness Being Sold
- 3mm = .125″ (1/8″ thickness) you actually purchase .118″ thickness
- 4.7mm = .187″ (3/16″ thickness) you actually purchase .177″ thickness
- 5.5mm = .220″ (1/4″ thickness) you actually purchase .220″ thickness
- 6.3mm = .250″ (1/4″ thickness) you actually purchase .236″ thickness
- 9.5mm = .375″ (3/8″ thickness) you actually purchase .354″ thickness
- 12.7mm = .500″ (1/2″ thickness) you actually purchase .472″ thickness