Data Sheets for Download:
KYDEX® T Rod and Sheet by Sekisui Plastics
KYDEX® T is a proprietary thermoplastic sheet that is cost competitive with fire retardant ABS/PVC (FR-ABS) formulations but with significantly higher impact strength and extensibility.
Since KYDEX® T is less hygroscopic, unlike FR-ABS, it typically does not require pre-drying, offers superior impact, more uniform forming with less wall thinning and offers significantly greater resistance to a broad range of corrosive chemicals and cleaning solutions. It is available in a wide range of aesthetic choices and is Underwriter’s Laboratories, Inc® recognized Std 94 V-0, 5V.
- Aircraft Interiors
- Mass Transit Vehicle Interior Components
- Equipment Housings
- Medical Products
- Kiosk Housings
- Substitute for FR-ABS sheet with competitive pricing but superior cost/performance
- Higher breakage resistance measured by the Notched Izod test than competitive thermoplastics
- Available in thicknesses from 0.71mm (0.028”) and up, in eight textures, a variety of colors, custom blank sizes and low minimums
- Among the most rigid of thermoforming materials with a modulus of elasticity of 2,482 MPa (360,000 psi)
- Easy to form with excellent part definition and deep-draw characteristics
- Recognized by Underwriter’s Laboratories, Inc® for Std 94 V-0, 5V in all thicknesses
- •Form times similar to FR-ABS making it an easy transition from competitive products.