TECAPAI® is a high-performance melt processable polyamideimide that maintains its excellent mechanical and wear properties in temperature environments exceeding 500°F. TECAPAI® is available in plates, rods, and tubes.
Stock shapes from Modern Plastics are available in four grades:
- TECAPAI® CM XP403 is an unreinforced PAI that has good wear properties, excellent strength and stiffness, excellent dimensional stability, very good thermal stability, and excellent chemical resistance. This PAI is useful for electrical applications that require dielectric properties.
- TECAPAI® CM XP440 bearing grade has excellent wear properties, has a low CLTE and good compression strength. This material is excellent for bearing and labyrinth seal applications found in compressors and pumps.
- TECAPAI® CM XP530 30% glass fiber filled PAI has high strength and stiffness at elevated temperatures, excellent dimensional stability, very good thermal stability, excellent chemical resistance, and is electrically insulating. This material is excellent for requiring a combination of properties such as test sockets in the semiconductor industry, or fasteners and housings in the aerospace industry.
- TECAPAI® CM XP730 30% carbon filled PAI has very good thermal stability, excellent dimensional stability, and excellent chemical resistance. It can be useful for aerospace applications that demand high strength to weight ratios or larger parts that require strength and stiffness for metal replacement.
- Outstanding tribological and wear performance
- Excellent strength and stiffness at elevated temperature
- High tensile strength
- High compression strength
- Exceptional heat deflection temperature
- Excellent coefficient of thermal expansion
- Very good impact strength
- Superb thermal stability
- Good machinability
- Strong chemical resistance
TECAPAI® (PAI) typical applications:
- Semiconductor industry: test sockets, electrical connectors and insulators
- Aerospace: fasteners, insulators and other components
- Oil and Gas: natural gas compressor components, pump components and labyrinth seals
- General industrial: bearing and wear components and components that require high strength and stiffness