Polyphenylene Sulfide PPS Sheets and Rods by Ensinger
Ensinger’s TECATRON® is a high performance thermoplastic that combines good mechanical properties with excellent thermal and chemical resistance properties. There is no known solvent that dissolves TECATRON®PPS at temperatures below 392°F. Its low ionic impurities make it an excellent choice for applications where high purity is a concern, such as in the automotive, electrical/electronic, industrial, mechanical, appliance, and semiconductor industries.
TECATRON®PPS (Polyphenylene Sulfide) Properties
- High purity characteristics (low ionic impurities are apparent)
- Outstanding retention of mechanical properties under continuous use up to 338°F (170°C)
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Good electrical insulator
- High mechanical strength
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Corrosion resistant
- Dimensional stability over wide variations of temperature and moisture
- Creep resistance (long-term property retention)
TECATRON®PPS’s excellent thermal and chemical resistance along with its ionic impurities make an excellent choice for applications requiring low outgassing and high purity. TECATRON®PPS is typically used in the automotive, electrical/electronic, industrial, mechanical, appliance and semiconductor industries.