Data Sheets for Download:
Zelux Polycarbonate Rod and Sheet
Zelux Polycarbonate Rod and Sheet from Modern Plastics is an engineering plastic with excellent dimensional stability and good strength and stiffness over a wide range of service temperatures.
Zelux is often used for structural applications when clarity and impact strength are essential including lenses, manifolds, site glasses, and machine guards.
Zelux is used for a wide variety of electrical applications since it has low moisture absorption, good insulating properties, and an excellent flammability rating.
Zelux is easy to fabricate, paint, and glue.
The following physical property information is based on typical values of the base polycarbonate resin.
Zelux Polycarbonate Application and Capabilities
- Site glasses
- Viewing windows
- Impact shields
- Fluid handling components
- Scientific and analytical instrument components
- Electrical components
- Housings and covers
Advantages of Zelux:
- Optical clarity (window grade)
- Excellent impact resistance
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Low moisture absorption
- Easy to machine
- Good strength and stiffness over a wide range of service temperatures
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Easy to fabricate, paint and glue
- Rod: 1/8″ to 15″ diameter
- Sheet: 3/8″ to 4″ thick
- Film: .001″ to .029″ thick
- Zelux W – Window grade (optically clear)
- Zelux M – Machine grade, stress-relieved (natural and black)
- Zelux M-GF – 10%, 20%, 30%, and 40% Glass-filled grades (black)
- FDA compliant grades and colors are available on a custom basis