Medical grade LENNITE® UHMW-PE from Westlake Plastics is lot controlled and traceable, ASTM F-648 and ISO 5834-1/2 compliant, available stock material in Type I and II resins, stress relieved, and custom certifications available. Applications include total hip and knee joint prosthesis, various other surgical implants, and medical devices.
A proprietary manufacturing process and stringent quality control permit a well consolidated and consistent fabricated form. Recommended sterilization techniques include EtO gas, cold sterilization and limited gamma radiation. Contact Modern Plastics for pricing and delivery information.
Rod:1/2″ to 4″ diameter (1/4″ increments) Rod length: 60″ and 120″
Advantages of LENNITE®:
- Excellent abrasive wear resistance
- Low friction
- Promotes the flow of bulk material (sand, soy beans, coals, etc.)
- Low moisture absorption
- High impact strength — even at cold temperatures
- Excellent chemical resistance
- FDA and USDA compliant (natural only), 3A Dairy, NSF Standards 51, 61 on specific resins
- Low cost
LENNITE® UHMW-PE is a registered trademark of Westlake Plastics.